Thursday, January 30, 2014

~ It's The Small Things in Life ~

Obviously it's safe to say that I've become a "sub-par" blogger.  Sorry!  I often think about what I want to put on here but getting it done is another thing.  The month of January has came and went in a blur.  I'm afraid this may be how most of the year goes.  I still don't know how 2013 flew by so fast.  Life just HAPPENS!  It's not that we aren't loving it and taking lots of pictures, it's just that we have kind of got in a groove that works for us.  We are happy.

Nothing truly exciting happened this month, but there were some very memorable small things that I feel worth mentioning:

January 5th: The cardinals were just gorgeous when we filled the feeder!


January 7th: more snow fun... Eli jumping off the deck.


These pics are so very precious to me.  Taken on January 8th.  It was one of those SO VERY RARE times when Eli was perfectly content to play in his room quietly.... though after about 10 minutes I realized he was too quiet and I had to go check on him.  **I am hiding in the hall snapping these photos around the door so he can't see me.**  He is reading a story to the dog sitting on Thomas the train.  He played like this for at least another 10 minutes after I took these.  I (almost) didn't know what to do with time to myself!! ha ha



January 18th: LET'S GO FLY A KITE!  UP TO THE HIGHEST HEIGHT!!  This was Eli's first time flying a kite and he loved it.  He more enjoyed trying to "catch" it while Daddy flew it though. 





January 24th: Rub-a-Dub, cutie in the tub!

This may seem conceited, but good pictures of me are so few and far between that I had to share this one.  Even I was pleased with it!  Ironically, I took it while playing around with the tripod to see where the best lighting would be to take other pictures.  I guess from now on my trick to taking good photos is pretending like I don't care how they turn out!

The pictures below of Sam and me were taken to update our new online adoption profile (which will hopefully be up soon).  What you can't see in the photos is that we were genuinely laughing due to Eli standing behind the camera and doing random craziness like lifting up his shirt and making faces.  He also tried to photo-bomb us a couple times!  What a crazy, silly kid!!




No comments:

Post a Comment