Sunday, January 11, 2015

Through my window...

There are some people that don't understand the joys of living in the country.  There are members of my own family that think we crazy for living out where we do (ahem*Mom).  It scares some people if you can't see other humans for days (PRAISE JESUS!), or hear constant traffic, or have light after dark.  If you've never experienced the true darkness of the country at night, you are missing out on a beautiful thing.  Especially tonight as I hear the gentle rain falling outside....

But what I enjoy most is the variety of wildlife. 
**However, I must make a side note here that I HATE coyotes.  Terrified.  Despise them. Can't. stand. their. sound.  I have my Dad to thank for that.  Ha!! 
Besides those awful creatures though, I enjoy watching and hearing the others. 

Tonight, as I stood at my kitchen window, I watched three deer drink from the small pond, not 20 yards from the back door.  They are not scared.  They are gorgeous.  After they finish drinking, they meander slowly across the clearing.  I am reminded of one of my favorite songs and one that I sang repeatedly to Eli as a baby:

"As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after you.  You alone are my hearts desire and I long to worship you.  You alone are my strength, my shield.  To you alone may my spirit yield..."

Man, these last couple weeks, months and years have been so hard.  Jesus has at times been the only strength keeping us going.  He shows up in the most beautiful and sometimes surprising ways.

Tonight, He sent three deer to remind me of His goodness....

No comments:

Post a Comment