Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Why do I stay home?

This post will be out of order because I have a few to catch up on since Feb 27th, however, I wanted to share this while it was still fresh.

Why did I decide to become a stay-at-home mom?  Well, to be completely honest, there have been quite a few days in the last 4 months that I've really questioned that.  It's been hard.  Harder than I ever expected.  I went from being useful and productive and organized and in control to.... well, its hard to explain... he's almost 3 years old ('nuff said!).

But today... today is one of those days that I say "I get it!  I know why being a stay at home mom is the best job in the world!"  As I spend hours outside playing with my son, watching him run and explore, get muddy knees and dirty hands, holding him on my lap in the warm spring sun on our front porch and reading him 5 books, eating our mid-morning snack outside.  If I was working right now, I would be wasting these precious, wonderful memories.  These aren't necessarily photo-worthy memories - most anyone else would find them simple and boring - but they are important to me.  If I was working right now, I would be sitting inside a confined building wishing I was outside to enjoy the most gorgeous weather we've seen yet.  And yet, I get to enjoy it!  I get to open the windows to my "office" (aka, my house) and feel the breezes of early March.  I get to plan on going to the park later today with other women and kiddos like us and enjoy playing with others that have the same "occupation" as me.  AND I LOVE IT! 

Why do I stay home?
Because even the worst day of staying home is better than the best day of not being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment