Thursday night we put him in the Jasper County baby contest. Now, I should tell you in all honesty, that every child entered won something, i.e. cutest smile, most hair, etc, but seriously, in Eli's category he had no "real" competition... not that I'm biased, it's true!! The other kids in the 12-17 month boys category only won one award each and Eli won two: Most Hair and Cutest Country Attire. He was hilarious in the ring... playing in the dirt, babbling to spectators, watching the fan above the show ring go "round 'n round" (as he says). His picture in the online edition of our local paper captioned "Eli Madsen struts his stuff for the judges"!
His little wranglers were so stiff that he had trouble walking. I know it's mean, but it was hysterical to watch him try! Needless-to-say, as soon as he was done, we stripped his clothes and put him in something more comfy.
We love our little farm boy!!
| Eli kissing the stuffed monkey he won for being in the baby contest. |
| Eli and Gramma feeding the goats at Jasper County 2012. |
No comments:
Post a Comment