Sam and I have agreed on what our
new Bible theme verse is:
Consider it pure joy, my brothers,
whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of
your faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish its work so
that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4
We are going to be the. most.
mature. people ever by the time we get through this! ha! I only laugh at this
because my alternative is cry...
Yesterday marked 19 months of
waiting. 19. That is twice (plus one) the longest average wait that
they boast on their website. I know each situation is different, but for
once in our lives, I sure would've liked Sam and I to be "average".
However, we seem to be "exceptional" at everything!
Here is a portion of the update I
received yesterday:
Adoption Center of Hope has been
very busy with babies being born and new birthmothers calling in to our 24 hour
birthmother helpline! We know the calls are greatly in part to our radio
program!
Your update:
We have presented your profile
to 4 birthmothers this month. Those 4 have chosen families.
We are faithful that our new
birthmothers will be ready to view profiles very soon.
So, I read that to mean that no one
is currently looking at us. Disappointment, anger, frustration... just a
smidgen of the feelings that we deal with.
Back to Bible verses, our hope lies
here:
And the God of all grace, who
called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little
while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and
steadfast.
1 Peter 5:10
I know that this isn't the
"suffering" the context is referring to, but regardless, we stick to the
hope that this suffering is only a season (albeit a very long season) and soon
He will restore us.
We love each of you that are
following along is this journey with us. Thank you for sticking with
us. This road is long and bumpy and not pretty, but the destination is
worth it.
Praying for you the whole way girl. What a testimony to Gods perfect timing you will have when it's all said and done!
ReplyDelete