Saturday, December 7, 2013

25 Days of Christmas

This year I really got into the spirit of Christmas and have been trying to make it as enjoyable for the whole family as possible.  I really wanted to create memories and make new traditions for the years to come.  Eli's at the perfect age this year to introduce it and everything is new and wonderful to him.  It's been so fun already and I can't wait for what's to come! 

I made an advent calendar this year and did something new - it's nothing fancy, but it suits my purpose.  Instead of candy or treats each day, I did an action item - something fun or new, as long as it's Christmas related.  Sam doesn't even know what they all are, so I don't want to ruin the surprise. 


I'll continue to post as we go along.  Here are the ones we've done so far!

Day:
1. Read a Christmas book
2. Go to the Carthage Christmas parade

waiting for the parade to start


3. Decorate the tree


If you look at his mouth and what he's holding, he's singing "Jingle Bells" while shaking my bell ornaments.


Done!  I love it!  Thanks for the tree, Nana and Poppy!

4. Choose a special treat (he chose an apple!)
5. Listen to Christmas music
6. Watch Frosty the Snowman and Yes, Virginia on TV while drinking hot chocolate (come to find out, Eli doesn't actually like hot chocolate all that much...)

What fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment