Monday, February 11, 2013

The "firsts" I DON'T like...

I've been lucky... I'll admit it... but I feel like I failed considerably in the "tough mother" category over the last couple of days.  Here's why:

Our household has been battling the stomach flu since last Wednesday.  First Sam, then Eli, now me.  I can handle alot, but certain bodily fluids bother me tremendously.  Yesterday, at 21 months and 18 days, Eli had his first vomiting experience... which induced lots of gagging from Mommy.  I know this is extrememly rare that we lasted this long before his first major illness, but still.... I could've waiting another 21 YEARS before experiencing cleaning puke from the kitchen table, high chair, carpet and Daddy.  GROSS!!!!!! 

Then, if that wasn't enough, he took a major tumble this morning and bounced his little face off the corner of a heavy-duty coffee table... putting his top tooth through his bottom lip.  He is such a tough little trooper.  Now he's milking it for all it's worth, wanting everyone to "kiss ouchy".  As you may have guessed, blood is the other thing that makes me considerably squimish.  Major failure #2 in two days.  Ok, Lord, I've had enough "testing" for now.  Please give me a break! 


Fat Lip

 
He is pretty proud to show it off!

 
Mommy survived too.


No comments:

Post a Comment