Sunday, June 10, 2012

A week of firsts...

Some days I feel as if everything happens in a blink... and I'm pretty sure this entire past week has been that way!  As a parent, you measure seasons by what your child was doing at the time.  However, Eli decided to do everything in seemingly a couple of days...

Monday morning was his first day of part-time daycare (with someone other than Gramma).  Hard for Mom, but harder for Gramma!  Eli loved it though and didn't miss either of us, I think.  I had to work late on Monday and came home to my son WALKING to me at the door.  No, you did not mis-read that... WALKING.  I guess that he got tired of crawling after the older girls at daycare and decided if he was going to catch them, he better find another method of movement... hence, walking.  Prior to this, one to two steps, at best, was all he was doing.  He had it in him all along, just needed the right motivation!!

Then, my other surprise upon arriving home was that Daddy had brought home Eli's first puppy.  A 7-week old blue-tick beagle, which we named Rascal... go figure why.  Let it be stated, I did not want this dog... but I will admit it is pretty darn cute watching them together.


Also, he has one fully through top tooth and another close behind. 

He had his 3rd hair cut. 

And he got his first ear infection on Thursday evening (of course, after the doc's office closed) so we spent a very scary night with a very sick baby and a quick trip to the doctor's office early Friday morning.

These are the firsts that I'll look back on and miss some day.  While the fever was scary and I hated that he was sick, holding him and knowing that all too soon he'll be too big for me to hold like this made these last couple of days very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment