Happy Easter week everyone! Not only am I more than happy to have a short work week and fun family gatherings but I love that this time of year, especially Easter, means that hope is renewed. Just like spring, it is new life after a dark time. Sam and I are holding on to this hope that God gives us while we wait for our baby.
If any of you are counting along with us, this is WEEK 9. Last night we had the first session of our home study. It was brutal! I think it was worse than the one we had to go through for foster care. It lasted from 6-8 pm. We had no idea it would take that long. It’s hard to understand how draining it is until you yourself have to stand before someone and have your whole life (past, present and future) judged by a total stranger. (I imagine it will be something like that when we stand before God… minus the stranger part.) She made us a nervous wreck because, even though she was super nice, she was somewhat unemotional so we couldn’t read her reaction of what she thought of us. She sat at the table and rattled off questions and typed extremely fast on her laptop and would just nod occasionally. She also did a full home inspection, i.e. looking in closets, inspecting every room, checking for smoke detectors and fire extinguisher, child-safety lock, etc. Overall, I think we did ok but it is always a strange experience to be “evaluated” like that.
She said it will take approximately 2 weeks to type up her draft of the home study, then we wait for our state highway patrol background checks and then she comes out for a 2nd visit in which she will do another evaluation and have us sign the paperwork.
I guess it makes us feel good just to know we're doing something to help the process along...
No comments:
Post a Comment